Our skip bins are equipped to handle most types of waste. The introduction of the Queensland State Government Waste Levy from July 1, 2019 demands that to ensure the most cost-efficient solution for your skip bin hire, the type of waste must be accurately qualified at the time of booking.
A General Waste bin can include a small amount of concrete, bricks or dirt however for larger quantities, a Heavy Waste bin should be selected.
Typical items that can be placed into the bins are:
- Renovation waste
- Building waste
- Demolition waste
- Household waste (except food)
- Garden waste
- Industrial and commercial waste
- Electrical waste
- Scrap Metal
- Builders rubble
- Floor, roof or wall tiles
Bin It Now is licensed to handle Asbestos waste. It is vital that where asbestos or asbestos related products are concerned they are isolated and placed in an ASBESTOS ONLY bin – No other waste types can be mixed with Asbestos materials in the skip bin.
Please see below the different types of asbestos related products, however if you are still unsure whether the materials or waste you are looking to remove may contain asbestos, please call our team on 1300 246 486 and they will be happy to assist you.
Types of Asbestos materials
- Friable asbestos means any material that contains asbestos and is in the form of a powder or can be easily crumbled or reduced to a powder by hand pressure when dry. Examples of friable asbestos include, but are not limited to, asbestos lagging, sprayed insulation, millboard, felt and woven asbestos matting.
- Non-friable asbestos means any asbestos-containing material other than friable asbestos. Examples of non-friable asbestos include, but are not limited to, asbestos cement building products, vinyl floor tiles, friction materials, and any product where the asbestos is locked into the matrix.
Please see below a list of materials but not limited to that may contain asbestos that may be found around the home or workplace:
- Roof sheeting and capping guttering gables
- water pipes and flues
- wall sheeting flat or a weatherboard style
- vinyl sheet
- flooring carpet and tile underlays
- zelemite backing boards to the switchboards
- flexible building boards
- imitation brick cladding,
- carports and sheds
- waterproof membrane
- telecommunications pits
- some window putty
- expansion joints
- packing under beams an
- concrete formwork.
If your home was built between the mid-1980s and 1990s, it is possible that your home contains Asbestos materials.
If your home was built before the mid-1980s, it is highly probable that your home contains Asbestos materials.
Bin It Now is licensed to transport Regulated Waste to ensure that it is transported and treated in an environmentally appropriate manner, with facilities that have adequate treatment and disposal methods. Please feel free to contact one of our specialist team members on 1300 246 486 for a cost efficient and totally transparent and accountable solution.
Prohibited Waste Types
The items listed below cannot be placed in a skip bin at any time without prior authorisation and supervision where necessary:
- Regulated and hazardous waste
- Tyres (All types inc car, truck, bike, etc. )
- Gas Cylinders
- Chemical Waste
It is important to note that should any prohibited waste products be identified or included in a skip bin rental, Bin It Now staff reserve the right to either ask for the items to be removed from the bin or excess charges will be applied (refer to the Terms and Conditions on this website for relevant charges).